The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Seeking all Principals, Ensemble and Chorus (Equity and Non-Equity)
Music by Alan Menken
Lyrics by Stephen Schwartz
Book by Peter Parnell
Based on the Victor Hugo novel and songs from the Disney film
Presented by Capital City Theatre: Andrew Abrams, Artistic Director
Director: Brian Cowing
Musical Director: Andrew Abrams
Sunday, December 10, 2017 at 6:00pm – 9:00pm
Monday, December 11, 2017 at 7:00pm – 9:00pm
Wednesday, December 13, 2017 at 8:00pm – 9:00pm (callbacks)
(Note: Chicago Actors, there will be a Chicago audition in February but some roles may be cast before then.)
You need only attend either date of December 10th or 11th.
Callbacks will be on Wednesday evening. We are looking for a very diverse range of ethnicity in our actors. All roles are paid.
Madison Ballet Studios
160 Westgate mall
Non-Equity and Equity- LORT D $583/Weekly. Min.
All auditioners should prepare one contemporary musical theatre song under one-minute in length. You may be asked to sing a second song. At least one of these songs should show off your legit voice. (NOTE: Those auditioning for chorus, just sing anything that shows your voice and range). No a cappella singing. An accompanist will be provided.
Chorus rehearsals begin late April 2018, one evening a week.
Full cast rehearsals begin May 21st, 2018
Friday, June 1, 2018 7:30pm
Saturday, June 2, 2018 7:30pm
Sunday, June 3, 2018 2pm
To Sign Up:
- To schedule an audition time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Video Submissions for all roles and chorus are welcome and may be submitted to the same email address.
Performers for various roles for a staged concert production of The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Based on the Victor Hugo Novel and featuring the Academy Award winning songs from the Disney animated feature. The show boasts a darker book by Peter Parnell and new songs by Alan Menken and Stephen Schwartz. This is a very choral-heavy piece.
Roles Available: We are seeking a multi-ethnic cast of men and women with fantastic singing voices (legit and contemporary) who also act and move very well to play principal and supporting roles. (NOTE: There will be an additional chorus beyond the “ensemble” that will be situated behind the orchestra and will not be staged).
- Claude Frollo (Lead): Male, 38-50 – archdeacon of Notre Dame Cathedral and the most powerful cleric in Paris, he is the reluctant caretaker of Quasimodo; he will do whatever it takes to rid the city of the gypsy “vermin,” even as he lusts after Esmeralda; calculating, manipulative, and obsessive; vocal range: E2-Bb4. Ethnicity: All Ethnicities
- Quasimodo (Lead): Male, 20-35 – the deformed bell-ringer of Notre Dame and Claude Frollo’s charge; lonely and staunchly obedient to Frollo, he possesses a vivid imagination that brings to life the bells and gargoyles of the cathedral; despite his shyness and uncertainty, he quickly befriends Esmeralda. Big-hearted, and brave when need be; vocal range: Bb2-C5; must have at least a strong Bb but C preferred. Ethnicity: All Ethnicities
- Esmeralda (Lead): Female, 18-33 – a beautiful and free-spirited gypsy who possesses the strong sense of justice and morality that Frollo lacks; compassionate, she frees Quasimodo from the frenzied mob at the Feast of Fools and, against her better judgment, falls for the cocky Phoebus; vocal range: E3-D5. Ethnicity: All Ethnicities
- Captain Phoebus de Martin (Lead): Male, 23-35 – returning to Paris after serving in the war, Phoebus takes up his new position as Captain of the Cathedral Guard; overconfident yet charming, this handsome, strong soldier makes the ladies swoon, yet his moral compass is also strong, and he openly defies the corrupted Frollo; vocal range: A2-Ab4. Ethnicity: All Ethnicities
- Clopin Trouillefou (Supporting): Male, 25-40 – the clever and charismatic King of the Gypsies; an air of mystery surrounds Clopin, who often leaves the scene in a puff of smoke; as the master of ceremonies for the Feast of Fools, he is witty and playful, but he boasts a darker, serious nature when not performing for the crowd; vocal range: D3- F#5. Ethnicity: All Ethnicities
- Florika (Supporting): Female, 30-40 – a gypsy and Quasimodo’s mother; vocal range: E4-F#5. Ethnicity: All Ethnicities
- Jehan Frollo (Supporting): Male, 20-30 – Claude’s reckless younger brother; with the gypsy Florika, he fathers Quasimodo, who he leaves in his brother’s care; wild, passionate, and strong-willed; vocal range top: F3-Eb5. Ethnicity: All Ethnicities
- Father Dupin (Chorus / Ensemble): Male, 40-60 – a priest of Notre Dame and Claude and Jehan’s guardian; vocal range: C3-A3. Ethnicity: All Ethnicities
- Tribunal (Chorus / Ensemble): Male, 30+ – a judicial officer; vocal range top: G2-E4. Ethnicity: All Ethnicities
- Saint Aphrodisius (Chorus / Ensemble): Male, 30-50 – a stained-glass image that comes to life; vocal range: B3-E4. Ethnicity: All Ethnicities
- Congregation (Chorus / Ensemble): – Gypsies, gargoyles, soldiers, and citizens of Paris including King Louis XL, Official, Madame, Frederic Charles (friend to Phoebus) and others; all and must be fantastic singers and able to hold difficult harmonies. Ethnicity: All Ethnicities.